Our Safety Programs Give you Peace of Mind
If you haven't flown privately before, you might assume that all charter operators are equally safe. After all, they each have operating certificates from the FAA. The truth is that the FAA is not staffed adequately to closely oversee the more than 2,400 charter operators in the United States. Because of this, best safety practices vary considerably and third party due-diligence is not just prudent but a real necessity.
At OneSky, ensuring the safety of our Members is our number one priority. We work with only the top private jet operators, exceeding FAA Part 135 requirements, ensuring a commitment to best practices in pilot training and experience, progressive aircraft maintenance, and a flawless safety history.
We foster a safety focused culture at OneSky Jets that impresses upon each and every employee their responsibility to treat every flight as if their own family were on-board. Over one third of our employees are pilots and/or hold bachelor's degrees in aviation, so that when it comes to aviation safety we can truly walk the walk and talk the talk.
Charter Operator Approval
The FAA certified part 135 air carriers approved for service within the OneSky Jets program are uniquely reviewed by the industry's leading independent charter intelligence organizations Wyvern LTD
and the Aviation Research Group / US
OneSky Jets uses a number of aviation intelligence reports to gain insight into the safe operations of air carriers (charter operators) who wish to be approved vendors. Through Wyvern, OneSky Jets uses both the SIR (Safety Intelligence Report) and PASS (Pilot and Aircraft Safety Survey) programs. OneSky Jets helped to develop the Wyvern PASS program and served as its launch customer. Additionally all air carriers must, at a minimum, hold a gold rating from ARG/US to be considered as a OneSky Jets supplier.
What Wyvern's SIR and PASS Review
- All operators are verified as holding both a current FAA Part 135 Operating Certificate and Operational Specifications (OpSpecs).
- All operator dba (doing business as) names are verified against the A001 OpSpec.
- All pilots receive a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) accident, incident and enforcement action background checks.
- Pilot experience may be checked against several different standards, from the lower “Industry Averages” up to the “Wyvern Standards”. OneSky Jets utilizes our own OneSky Standard, which emphasizes a crew's experience in the make and model aircraft to be flown.
- All aircraft are confirmed as being listed on the operator's D0-85, which is the FAA operational specification document that determines who controls the aircraft.
- Destinations are verified by checking each specific trip against each operator’s B0-50 OpSpec, Areas of Operation. This check confirms that the operator can fly to a particular foreign destination country legally.
- A complete operational history is provided to OneSky Jets through the SIR (Safety Intelligence Report) which provides records and a review of a carrier's safety history.
- The PASS report will confirm any trip by date, so that we can validate that a trip and its crew will be compliant as far as 90 days into the future.
The Benefits of a TripCHEQ
TripCHEQ is an ARG/US offering that audits the specific parameters of every trip. OneSky Jets completes TripCHEQ's as part of our safety program, prior to every client trip. In order to pass a TripCHEQ:
- All pilots receive background checks by ARG/US before they are approved.
- Flight time (total time, time in type, pilot in command) must meet ARG/US and OneSky Jets minimums.
- Pilots are checked prior to every flight for experience and FAA enforcement action.
- Aircraft records are checked prior to every flight to ensure that FAA information shows this aircraft on the certificate of the selected air carrier.
The subscription to and diligent use of both the Wyvern and ARG/US programs described above along with OneSky Jets' own independent review combine to form the most comprehensive safety due-diligence program in the air charter marketplace.
Beyond this, OneSky Jets is a founding member of the Air Charter Safety Foundation and OneSky Jets' CEO sits on the board of this organization. You will not find a Company more committed to the safety of its clients and members than OneSky Jets.